EtherTech is continually investing in infrastructure to ensure that there is redundancy in all aspects of the internet services we offer.
Customer Service Level Guarantee: Business-grade service Support is provided by EtherTech Computer Services or our agents and performance problems are covered by both PowerTel & Telstra’s published Customer Service Level Guarantee.
The Customer Service Level Guarantee covers the DSL network performance and operates from the point you enter the DSL network at your local exchange to the point where the EtherTech network delivers you into the DSL network. The Guarantee will be a measure of the ability of the DSL network to you, not a national average, so it will accurately reflect your own experience.
The Guarantee means that if the availability of the DSL network falls below 99 percent in a month, the subscriber will receive a rebate on their monthly subscription fee in the following month’s bill. Network availability is defined as:
- The measurement of the unavailability of the DSL network does not include downtime resulting from planned or scheduled upgrades of the network.
- This Guarantee covers DSL network connectivity. DSL network connectivity includes the customer multiplexer, the network and the authentication server that permits users to access DSL. The areas that have been the cause of DSL network availability issues are covered by the Guarantee.
- Parts of your DSL service are excluded. For example, a customer needs to have an existing telephone connection to the exchange to be able to connect via DSL.
- Unavailability caused by damage to the copper line is not covered
The Guarantee does not cover
- Network unavailability caused by your hardware, such as your modem, your computer and the like or services and applications provided by a third party, such as yourself, your agent or EtherTech, such as email, Web hosting, Internet browsing and the like.
The rebates payable operate in three tiers and will be a percentage of a customer’s monthly subscription fee:
- Monthly DSL network availability below 99 percent but equal to or greater than 97 percent entitles you to a 10 percent rebate on your monthly subscription fee;
- Monthly DSL network availability below 97 percent but equal to or greater than 94 percent entitles you to a 20 percent rebate on your monthly subscription fee;
- Monthly DSL network availability below 94 percent entitles you to a 50 percent rebate on your monthly subscription fee.
Regardless of whether you are actually inconvenienced by the unavailability of the DSL network , you will receive a rebate under the Guarantee.
To claim a rebate, please report an outage within 24 hours of the start of that outage.